My Make-Up Looks
WARNING: Photos are large and may take some time to download.
Special Effects and Costume Make-up
Glamorous and Everyday Make-up
- Hedwig (and another photo): Here I am as Hedwig from the hit musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I did everything, from wig and costume construction to make-up. This look involved covered-up eyebrows, buckets of glitter, and about a gallon of hairspray. But it's all so much fun!
- Zombie Albert Einstein (and another photo): Here's Nick... as Albert Einstein... as a zombie. This is one of my favorite projects. I created the costume from vintage clothes, and painted a pre-made Einstein-style wig and mustache to look dirty and rotten. Then came the fun part... the make-up! I used a "rotting flesh" FX product for texture, then hand-painted wrinkles, dirt, and the overall pale skintone. I also painted Nick's hands with grey-white body paint and detailed them to look like he'd just clawed his way out of a grave.
- Swamp Queen (plus two more photos here and here): Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. Here's another living dead look -- a queen among zombies. Very gothic, I suppose!
- Teen Wolf: Here's my friend Chris as a dashing young werewolf. I did the make-up and provided some furry "paws"... but all of that hair is really his!
- Zombie in 5 Minutes: Here's Nick again, with a very quickly-done zombie look. Before a party, I only had about 5 minutes to give him a living dead makeover. This is completely done with eyeshadow, MAC pigments, and fake blood.
- Bollywood Babe (and a shot with my eyes closed): Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. Everything in the photo is done with make-up, including the mendhi on my hand.
- Pop Art Icon (and another shot): Inspired by Andy Warhol, Edith Head, and the MAC Pop Mode collection.
- Queen Amidala (from Star Wars): Costume and make-up done for my friend Lorena.
- Jetta from The Misfits: Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. Inspired by the 80's cartoon Jem and the Holograms. I've put together a side-by-side of my look and the Jetta doll.
- Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean (plus a closer look at the make-up and a full-length look at the costume): This look required a lot of bronzer and quality false facial hair. The beard was hand-trimmed and styled, and the whole ensemble is based directly on the movie costuming for the character.
- Satanic Politician (plus a photo in character): In the spirit of the 2004 election season, this look was patterned after the traditional blue-suit-red-tie uniform of campaigning politicians... with an evil, bloody twist. Done with a pre-molded latex appliance and lots of blending.
- Ice Princess (plus three more pictures - here, here, and here): Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. A snowy look using only MAC products with names inspired by winter (such as Pink Freeze, Ice, Frost, Chill, etc.). The snow in the photograph is half-fake (on me) and half-real (in the background).
- Sara at work: Here I am, doing a very natural look on a bride at her wedding. She doesn't wear make-up regularly, so the goal was to create a flawless "no make-up" make-up look. I wish I had a good photograph of the finished look -- she looked radiant!
- Green & Gold: Here is the Divine Miss Em in stunning shades of green and gold. She's only wearing a custom-blended tinted moisturizer -- she's just that radiant naturally! And I love that hat!
- Mod Stewardess (and a close-up on the eyes): This make-up was for a very vintage look I did -- bright blue eyeshadow and pale pink lips. Very chic, no? The extremely bright blue is MAC pigment in Blue, which is delightfully bold and frosty.
- Sweet Tea (plus another angle, and a shot of my closed eyes): Using the colors of the MAC Sweet Tea quad.
- Tempting Cake (and a shot of my closed eyes): A look focused around the unusual combo of pink and brown (Angelcake and Tempting, inspired by the MAC High Tea collection). Like a cupcake!
- "Cleo" Eyes (and a better look at the eyes): The jewel-like colors of this look reminded me of Egypt.
- Cinco de Mayo (plus a shot with my eyes closed, and a close-up on the eyes): Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. A bright, festive look (not for the faint of heart).
- Club Parrot: A very simple look done with MAC eyeshadows in Club and Parrot.
- Rock-It (and a better look at the eyes): A look using the colors and products from the 2004 MAC "Rock-It!" collection at Nordstroms.
- Olympic Spirit: Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. Inspired by the colors of the Olympic flag and rings.
- Fall 2004 Couture Look: Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. This look drew upon a look in an ad from Annabella cosmetics.
- Autumn Leaves (and a shot with my eyes closed): Done for a challenge on the MAC_Cosmetics Yahoo group. Inspired by the golds, oranges, reds, and browns of the changing leaves.